Online Open Craft Work From Home | Remote Open Source Developer Job
|Job Title||Open Source Developer & DevOps|
|Hiring Organization||Open Craft|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Experience||3+ years experience with Python web frameworks, specifically Django.|
|Eligibility||Any Masters,Any Graduate|
|Shift Timings||Flexible shifts|
|Overview||Please Note: If you are viewing this job on any other portal other than JobWalkins.in, Example Google.com, please use the Apply on Job Walkins Button/Link to view all the Job Details. Open Craft is a remote company that gives you a chance to work from anywhere. Open Craft is looking for candidates for the post of Open Source Developer & DevOps. The candidates who are looking for online jobs are in the right place. The candidate can work from home or anywhere they want. If you are interested, take the next step by clicking the Apply Now button and apply for the job.|
- The Position of the job is the Open Source Developer & DevOps.
- This is a Full-Time job.
- A hundred percent Remote Job.
- You can work from home or anywhere you want.
- Development trained on the free software project Open edX, used by and in part produced by organizations like Harvard, McKinsey, MIT, and others, so you will have the opportunity to contribute to projects widely used and be part of a thriving open-source educational society. See edX.org, the MIT Open Learning Library or the French government online platform for public universities for examples of Open edX instances.
- The Open edX platform is a large Django or Python codebase with good architecture and code standards. You would work on various client contracts using the platform. The client's list or references include MIT, Harvard, edX themselves, the French government, numerous startups and universities currently running their personal instances or looking to create one. Tasks are very different, from developing core platform custom exercises, features, and tools for specific courses (XBlocks), customizing and deploying instances, working full-stack, operating their service infrastructure, improving their hosting platform, etc. You won't get tired here.
- Most of your job is published as free software (Open edX is issued under the AGPL license, which needs clients to release changes under the same license). You would also provide the free software project, pushing most of your improvements upstream through contributing features, pull requests, documentation or help on mailing-lists.
- They welcome applicants of all ethnicities and genders.
- The candidate must have three-plus years working with Python.
- Experience with Python web frameworks, specifically Django
- Experience with unit testing
- You feel satisfied working in a Linux environment, specifically Ubuntu or Debian.
- Must have experience with databases: MySQL, PostgreSQL, MongoDB
- Experience with communicating within a free software community and providing free software projects
You would have to work with jobs from the following categories, but you would be able to pick up the job skills if you don't master this yet.
- DevOps experience, especially on Ubuntu or Debian servers, Terraform, Packer, Vault, Prometheus, Docker, ELK. They are developing modern infrastructure. A strong DevOps behaviour on top of core software engineering skills is a big plus with them.
- Cloud computing, like OpenStack or AWS
- Configuration management tools such as Ansible
- RabbitMQ, Elasticsearch and Redis
- git source control
- Mobile development (Android and/or iOS)
- Managing clients and projects from starting to end (senior developer)
- Public speaking at conferences (you would perform a talk every year at the Open edX Con)
Apply for this position
Interview process: A 30 minutes Hangout with a (simple) coding exercise. To apply, fill this form: https://opencraft.com/jobs/open-source-developer/.
OpenCraft is a team of twenty software developers, all working remotely from Europe, North and South America, Asia, and Australia. You would arrive at a difficult moment, as we scale up to handle increasing demand from customers on the edX platform. OpenCraft is not affiliated with edX, but contributing and working with them on multiple projects. This is a full-time job position, where you would be able to work remotely from home or anywhere you want to, as long as you have a good internet connection.
Freelance-Jobs FreelanceJobs_FromHome Freelance-Jobs-Online Without-RegistrationFee-Jobs Home-Based-Jobs OnlineFreelance.Jobs Online-Jobs OnlineJobsFromHome Without-Investment-Jobs OnlineJobs-WorkFromHome Remote-Jobs Women-Jobs Banglore-Jobs Chennai-Jobs Delhi-Jobs Hyderabad-Jobs Jobs-In-India Mumbai-Jobs