Work From Home | Rails Programmer Online Job
|Job Title||Rails Programmer|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Eligibility||Any Graduate,Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science|
|Valid Through||Wed 19 Aug 2020|
|Overview||Please Note: If you are viewing this job on any other portal other than JobWalkins.in, Example Google.com, please use the Apply on Job Walkins Button/Link to view all the Job Details. Basecamp is a remote company that gives you a chance to work from anywhere. Basecamp is looking for a candidate for the post of Rails Programmer. The candidates who are looking for online jobs are in the right place. The candidate can work from home or anywhere they want. If you are interested, take the next step by clicking the Apply Now button and apply for the job.|
- The Position of the job is a Rails Programmer
- This is a Full-Time job
- A hundred percent Remote Job
- You can work from home or anywhere you want
They have two rare openings on their Core Product team for Rails programmers. The company will be accepting the applications for next two weeks, offering a flexible start date in October. They strongly encourage the applicants of all different backgrounds & identities to apply. This is a chance for them to bring in a different perspective, and they are eager to diversify their company further. Basecamp is committed to making an inclusive, supportive place for you to do the best work of your career. They are not looking for ideological clones, but for people who share their beliefs about writing software well.
About the Job
- As a programmer on the Core team, you will work on shaped projects, big and small, over six-week cycles, typically in a tandem with a designer.
- They are a small team (just three programmers & three designers) who work fast but calmly.
- You will join them & be responsible for driving projects from concept to end in a free & creative environment.
- As a team, their focus is intently on the web: the core technology that powers their applications on all platforms.
- There are majestic monoliths built using Ruby on Rails.
- If this sounds you a lot like the Golden Age of Web Development, well, they could not agree more.
- This is an exciting time to join the team.
They are currently all-in on HEY, their brand-new email service, and there is a ton of new work to be completed, bugs to fix, & features to polish. That is where you will spend the bulk of your time on starting. But the company also have their fair share of work supporting Basecamp versions past, present, & future, as well as a back catalog of applications that they are committed to maintaining Until The End of the Internet.
Here are some things they have worked on recently to give you a sense of what you will be doing day-to-day
- Building out a subscription system to provide for free trials, upgrades, cancellations, credit card payments, and everything else required to launch a new product
- Creating an email export system using MBOX format, assuring that even big mailboxes can be exported efficiently
- Should be designing a global document browser for convenient access to each mail attachment from each sender, filterable & ordered by recency
- Reviewing their billing system to charge EU VAT where applicable, from payment flows & invoices to internal APIs & support tooling
- Blocking the activity trackers and spy-pixels in incoming mail using various techniques, including image & asset proxying for full protection
- Collaborating with the Android & iOS teams on cross-cutting & platform-specific features
- Investigating & fixing a race condition when processing incoming email that is resulting in random duplicate records
They are looking for applicants with reliable track records of putting Rails to work & bringing products to life.
- Just because you are experienced does not mean they expect you to hit the ground running.
- You will have a gentle, intentional onboarding experience & time to learn & grow comfortable with their systems, processes, & people.
- The candidate might have a Computer Science degree, or you might not.
- That is not what they are looking for.
- They just care about what you can do & how you do it, not about how you got here.
- A history of the conscientious, thoughtful work speaks volumes.
- You are a Manager of One: a committed generalist, eager learner, & curator of the essential.
- You take ownership, & you see things through.
- You can take a stand yet perform even when you disagree.
- This is a challenging job for a senior-level programmer, but imposters take heart; they are too.
- You are a clear writer.
- The bulk of their work is written, from the code & interfaces, they design, to the pull request discussions & long-form proposals they make.
- Active, concise writing leads to a real, concise code.
Basecamp company is a remote-first company, and this is a remote job. They are hiring from anywhere that can maintain 3 to 4 hours overlap with the US - Central Time zone during a normal working day. This might be an 11:00 to 19:00 schedule from Europe, but they are not hiring from locations that need a graveyard shift to make the overlap happen.
Benefits and Compensation
- Basecamp pays in the top ten percent of the industry based on San Francisco rates.
- Same job, same pay, no matter where you live.
- The salary for this job is $186,850 (Senior Programmer).
- Benefits at Basecamp are all about serving you lead a healthy life outside of work.
- They will not treat your life as dead code to be optimized away with shallow perks.
- You will not find lures to keep you coding ever longer.
- They believe the quality time to focus on work starts with quality time to think, prepare a meal, exercise, be with family and friends, & of course, time to yourself.
- They offer fully paid parental leave.
- They work four day weeks in the summer (Northern Hemisphere) and give a month-long sabbatical every three years.
- They subsidize your home office, wellness & fitness interests, and continuing education.
- They offer a generous annual charitable contribution match.
- All on top of top-tier health insurance & a retirement plan with company match. See the full list.
How to Apply
- Submit an application that speaks directly to this post.
- Tell them about yourself, what you can bring to Basecamp, and Basecamp’s position in your future.
- Tell them about something you have done, something relevant to the kind of work they do, something that excites you.
- Be descriptive, but don’t feel the necessity to write a novel -- 500 words or so should be plenty.
- They are accepting applications until August 19, 2020, at 7 PM US-Central time.
- There is no benefit to filing early, so take your time.
- They will expect to take a few weeks to review all applications.
- You will hear from them by Friday, September 4, about advancement to a take-home technical exercise.
- The exercise is representative of the variety of day-to-day work they do.
- They invite fewer than twenty candidates to this stage, and those applicants should expect to spend upwards of a full day (but no more) completing this test.
- Please think about whether you'd be willing to dedicate that time before applying here.
- After the written test, the top applicants will continue to the interview stages.
- Expect two to three interviews, all one hour, all remote, with your future colleagues, on your schedule.
- They will talk through your background, approach to work, & dive into your technical knowledge: no gotchas, brainteasers, or whiteboards.
- They aim to make an offer by early October with a start date later that month.
- Please note that they are unable to offer individual feedback during the screening method.
- They usually see 1,000+ applications for developer roles, and their hiring team simply does not have the bandwidth to give personalized feedback before the technical exercise round.
- This is a demanding application method & significant career moves to consider.
- They appreciate you giving them that consideration, and they promise to provide you with their full attention in return.
- They look forward to hearing from you.
Basecamp is more than a project management tool. It is a better way to work. Basecamp is a project management application where the people will discuss ideas, plan marketing campaigns, share pet pics, and get the idea. It is a one-stop-shop for all the things teams do together.
Freelance-Jobs FreelanceJobs_FromHome Freelance-Jobs-Online Without-RegistrationFee-Jobs Home-Based-Jobs OnlineFreelance.Jobs Online-Jobs OnlineJobsFromHome Without-Investment-Jobs OnlineJobs-WorkFromHome Remote-Jobs Women-Jobs Banglore-Jobs Chennai-Jobs Delhi-Jobs Hyderabad-Jobs Jobs-In-India Mumbai-Jobs