Online Legal Counsel Job | Remote Work From Home
|Job Title||Legal Counsel|
|Salary||USD $70,000 - $100,000|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Experience||Working experience in an international, dynamic legal environment|
|Eligibility||Any Masters,Any Graduate|
|Overview||Please Note: If you are viewing this job on any other portal other than JobWalkins.in, Example Google.com, please use the Apply on Job Walkins Button/Link to view all the Job Details. Status is a remote company that is giving you a chance to work from anywhere. Status company is looking for a candidate for the post of Legal Counsel. The candidates who are looking for online jobs are in the right place. The candidate can work from home or anywhere they want. If you are interested, take the next step by clicking the Apply Now button and apply for the job.|
- The Position of the job is the Legal Counsel
- This is a Full-time job
- A hundred percent Remote Job
- You can work from home or anywhere you want
Status is looking for a tech-savvy Legal Counsel to partner Status into its growth phase. Status company has always put compliance first. You will be a trusted advisor to their founders & team members, helping them navigate the diverse global legal implications of their research and development of blockchain technology. You will give practical and well-informed advice in response to complex & rapidly changing conditions, working autonomously to drive business projects their standalone legal lead.
- Research & provide legal steering on Status’s worldwide business plans, projects, & product launches
- Own all legal needs & requirements of Status, calling in specialist external law firms as required, & maintain the relationships they already have with several external counsels
- Draft, negotiate & execute commercial agreements with service providers, partners, & contractors
- Analyze, regulatory risks, identify legal, implications & help status meet compliance obligations
- Take the lead on corporate law matters, give to Status’s corporate legal structuring
- Answer internal as well as external legal & regulatory requests
- Manage & organize all legal documentation
- Implement and maintain related policies and plans.
You Ideally Will Have
[Do not worry if you do not meet all of these criteria, they'd still love to hear from you anyway if you will you should be a great fit for this role]
- Strong alignment to their principles: https://status.im/about/#principles
- Advanced legal qualification
- Working experience in an international, dynamic legal environment
- The ability to identify & resolve legal issues quickly & pragmatically while maintaining the highest standards of compliance
- Excellent communication, organizational, and analytical skills
- Experience of working remotely & asynchronously.
Bonus Points If
- You have a passion for blockchain technology
- You have worked for an open-source organization or tech startup earlier
- You are a direct & pragmatic advisor with a knack for avoiding unnecessary legalese.
- The anticipated salary range for this role is $70,000 - USD 100,000 (paid in a local currency, or crypto, & dependent on experience & location), plus a grant of Status Network Tokens vesting over three years. More info on SNT here: https://status.im/snt-utility/.
The hiring method for this position will be
- An initial chat with Ceri from their People Ops team
- Interview with Carl, their co-founder
- Interview with Jarrad, their other co-founder
- A small paid portion of advisory work so that they can get a feel for how they'd cooperate (should take no more than six hours of your time) - if you have related work samples you’d prefer to send them, that works too.
The steps may change along the way if they see it will make sense to adapt the interview stages, so consider the above as a guideline. They are looking for the new Legal Counsel (you?) to join the team as soon as possible, and they are hoping to close the hiring process ideally by the end of July 2020 year.
Questions about this role?
Feel free to reach Ceri from their People Ops team on the Status app at Ceri.stateofus.eth or Discord at @ceri#9009.
Status company is the gateway to a decentralized web. They are building the tools & infrastructure for the advancement of a private, secure, and open web3. With the high-level purposes of preserving the right to privacy, mitigating the risk of censorship, & promoting economic trade in a transparent, Status builds a community where anyone is welcome to join and contribute. As an organization, Status seeks to push the web3 ecosystem forward throughout research, creation of developer tools, and support of the open-source community. Their core application recently launched at v1 on Mobile & in beta on Desktop is an open-source, Ethereum-based app that offers users the power to chat, make payments, and browse the decentralized web. They are a remote team made up of ~60 core contributors and an increasing number of community members scattered around the globe. They care deeply about open source software, & their organizational structure has a minimal hierarchy and no fixed work hours. They believe in working with a high degree of autonomy while supporting the organization's priorities.
Freelance-Jobs FreelanceJobs_FromHome Freelance-Jobs-Online Without-RegistrationFee-Jobs Home-Based-Jobs OnlineFreelance.Jobs Online-Jobs OnlineJobsFromHome Without-Investment-Jobs OnlineJobs-WorkFromHome Remote-Jobs Women-Jobs Banglore-Jobs Chennai-Jobs Delhi-Jobs Hyderabad-Jobs Jobs-In-India Mumbai-Jobs