Online Remote Job | Data Engineer - Lead Subject Matter Expert | Springboard
|Job Title||Data Engineer - Lead Subject Matter Expert|
|Employment Type||Part Time|
|Experience||3+ years of data engineering exp, 1+ years of managing Data Engineers, and experience with ETL, data warehousing, schema design, big data systems, data modeling|
|Eligibility||Any Masters,Any Graduate|
|Overview||Please Note: If you are viewing this job on any other portal other than JobWalkins.in, Example Google.com, please use the Apply on Job Walkins Button/Link to view all the Job Details. Springboard careers gives an excellent opportunity to make a bright future. Springboard is hiring candidates for the 'Data Engineer - Lead Subject Matter Expert' role. Interested candidates are most welcome and can apply for this part-time work from home job offer.|
- Springboard is on a mission to bridge the skills gap by providing high-quality, affordable education for new economy skills.
- They have already launched hundreds of students into Data Science careers through their top-rated Data Science courses that pair students with a company mentor and offer them a Job Guarantee.
- Now the Springboard is expanding its Data Science course offerings, and the company is looking for an expert who has a solid background in Data Engineering to help them build a new online data engineering course in the coming months.
- This will be a unique opportunity to put your expertise into actions to educate the new generation of data engineers and also increase your domain mastery through your teaching skills.
- The course will be an online six to nine months program designed to help students find a job within six months of course completion.
- You’ll set the vision to ensure that Springboard is teaching all that is required to become successful as a Data Engineer.
- Your work and efforts will include creating projects and other necessary materials to define students’ learning experiences.
- This job role will be a part-time contract role for 3-4 months (starting immediately) with the potential for ongoing consulting work.
- The Springboard estimates a workload of roughly 15-20 hours per week.
- You can work with the Springboard office in San Francisco or may work remotely. It is up to you.
- This is a paid engagement.
- You’ll work with the company's curriculum development team to create a Data Engineering course.
- As part of this job role, you will:
- To set the vision for effectively teaching essential data engineering skills and concepts.
- To define learning objectives and course structure (units and projects).
- To collaborate with the instructional designers and other subject matter experts to build the full curriculum. This includes:
- To design, build, and write course projects (and associated resources).
- To curate high-quality resources such as videos and articles that effectively teach course topics.
- To write descriptions that summarize and explain the importance of each subject topic covered in the course.
- To create rubrics for mentors to evaluate student work performance (especially course projects).
- The candidate must be currently working as a Data Engineer in the U.S. nation for more than three years, including having experience with ETL, data warehousing, schema design, big data systems, data modeling, and owning data quality.
- Experience of one plus years in hiring and/or managing Data Engineers.
- Must possess a great passion for teaching.
- Previous teaching experience will be a huge bonus.
- Knowledge of Data Engineering landscape and how the field varies across companies.
- Ability to identify the tools and company practices students need to learn to become successful Data Engineers.
- You should possess a clear point-of-view on what skills are required for an entry-level Data Engineer role and how to teach them in a well-structured manner.
- Proven capability to create projects with clear documentation & instructions.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are a must.
- Able to work independently and produce high-quality work performance without extensive supervision.
- You should be diligent about meeting deadlines.
- You're a collaborator working effectively with a diverse group of individuals.
- You are receptive and quickly responsive to feedback and are willing to iterate on work.
- You are a great passionate about education.
- The standard work requirement is up to 15-20 hours per week for three to four months, starting immediately.
- Must be available to connect synchronously during PST working hours on weekdays.
- Can work remotely or from the company's SF office.
Springboard company is a fast-growing ed-tech startup, organized by a team that is passionate about setting education and connecting the skills gap. They have helped thousands of students to learn skills in cutting-edge fields like UX design, data science, and digital marketing, using a unique method that involves one-on-one mentorship from the top industry experts. Springboard is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at their business. They do not discriminate based on religion, gender, race, color, national origin, marital status, age, sexual orientation, veteran status, or disability status.
Freelance-Jobs FreelanceJobs_FromHome Freelance-Jobs-Online Without-RegistrationFee-Jobs Home-Based-Jobs OnlineFreelance.Jobs Online-Jobs OnlineJobsFromHome Without-Investment-Jobs OnlineJobs-WorkFromHome Online-Part-Time-Jobs Online.Part.Time.Jobs.From.Home Part-Time-Jobs-Work-From-Home WithoutInvestment-PartTimeJobs Part-Time-Jobs Remote-Jobs Women-Jobs Banglore-Jobs Chennai-Jobs Delhi-Jobs Hyderabad-Jobs Jobs-In-India Work.From.HomeJobs|Part.Time Mumbai-Jobs Part-Time-Job-Work-From-Home